2018 Honda CRF450R
Twin Peaks Motorsports
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Grab more holeshots: More power, more torque, higher rev limit... the CRF450R’s Unicam engine has been radically improved to get you out front right from the drop of the gate. And keep you there.
- New cylinder head: Completely new Unicam cylinder head design uses finger rocker arms, oval cross-section valve springs, bigger intake valves, and increased valve lift to boost horsepower and allow a higher rev limit.
- Improved combustion efficiency: By straightening the intake path, reducing valve angle, and revising both combustion chamber and piston shape, engineers were able to improve flow and increase compression ratio for an even bigger power boost.
- Better lubrication: A new scavenge pump system with no separate oil tank improves engine lubrication, reduces friction, and requires less oil for reduced overall engine weight.
- Programmed for power: The CRF450R’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) settings contribute to the engine’s strong low-end torque, remarkable top-end power and generous over-rev capability.
- Engine Mode Select button: The CRF450R’s Engine Mode Select (EMS) system lets you modify fuel-injection and ignition mapping with the simple push of a handlebar-mounted button. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive to dial in the best power curve for better starts, better drive out of corners, better traction, or simply to better suit your riding style. Mode selection is easily accomplished without changing your hand position or shutting down the engine (as long as the engine is idling).
- Twin to win: The CRF450R’s short twin-muffler exhaust system not only contributes to the engine’s exceptional power characteristics, it’s also positioned tightly to the frame’s centre to take weight off the rear end and optimize mass centralization for improved handling.
- Extra durability: Extra-strong transmission gears enhance durability while delivering smooth, sure shifts.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Lighter, more-responsive frame: Not only is the CRF450R’s twin-spar aluminum frame light, its torsional stiffness has been reduced to give you more feedback and to improve turn-in and corner-exit performance, without giving up high-speed stability.
- Precise handling: Thanks to the swingarm location and the centralized rear shock, the CRF450R boasts a lower overall centre of gravity and a shorter wheelbase—both contribute to the type of precise handling that wins motos, and championships.
- Latest Showa fork: Easy to tune to match changing track conditions or your riding style, the CRF450R’s new Showa coil-spring fork was developed to work in conjunction with the improved chassis for enhanced traction, agility and stability.
- Keeping cool: A new front fender and reshaped tank shrouds increase airflow to the radiators, keeping the engine running at peak efficacy from gate drop to checkered flag.
- Excellent traction: Dunlop MX3S tires offer excellent traction in a wide variety of conditions.
- Titanium fuel tank: The CRF450R’s new titanium fuel tank reduces high-mounted weight, thereby lowering centre of gravity and improving mass centralization.
- Enhanced mobility: Smoother bodywork with fewer edges allows you move even more freely in the CRF450R’s saddle, while improved durability of plastic components and graphics keeps your CRF looking new win after win.
- Agility plus comfort: Revised rider ergonomics with a very narrow midsection allow you to fully utilize the CRF450R’s incredible agility.
- Easy to adjust: Quick-adjust clutch perch simplifies cable adjustment.
- Reduced rider fatigue: Aluminum handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Preventative indicator: The engine stop switch with integrated LED indicator lets you know if the PGM-FI system is working properly.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 449.7 cc
- Bore & stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.5:1
- Valve train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Close-ratio, five speed
- Final drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/49T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front suspension: Showa telescopic inverted coil spring; 305 mm (12 in.) travel
- Rear suspension: Pro-Link® KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 314 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 80/100-21 Rear: 120/80-19
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm disc
- Ground clearance: 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat height: 960 mm (37.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,482 mm (58.3 in.)
- Curb weight: 110.6 kg (243.8 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel capacity: 6.3 L
- Colour: Extreme Red
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 449.7 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- Showa telescopic inverted coil spring; 305 mm (12 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 314 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 110.6 kg (243.8 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.3 L
- 1,482 mm (58.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 960 mm (37.8 in.)
- Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive
- #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/49T
- Extreme Red