2017 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe Honda Phantom Camo®
Stock Image: Honda Phantom Camo®
Twin Peaks Motorsports
Pioneer 700 Deluxe Honda Phantom Camo®
Engine & Drivetrain
- Refined performance: The liquid-cooled 675 cc single-cylinder engine has tons of torque and plenty of power. Fuel injection means it starts right up, even on cold days or at high altitude. And the engine is shear-mounted in its own cradle to help reduce vibration.
- Advanced transmission: The automotive-style automatic transmission uses a heavy-duty torque converter with three hydraulic clutches. It’s tough, with no belts to worry about, and also smart — a two-stage shift map senses when you’re aggressive or light with the throttle, and optimizes power delivery accordingly.
- Shifting options: Paddle shifters on the steering wheel allow you to override the transmission’s shift points on the fly, or switch to MT mode and use the paddles to shift manually. Fully automatic, automatic with manual override, or fully manual -- you get to choose.
- Tackle any terrain: Easily shift from 2WD to 4WD. And when you’re in 4WD mode and you need extra traction, just use the lever on the Pioneer’s dash to lock the front differential for extra grip in the toughest situations.
Chassis & Suspension
- Dynamic ride comfort: Front independent double-wishbone suspension with dual-rate springs provides a substantial 200 mm (7.9 in.) of travel for excellent handling and all-day riding comfort.
- Preload adjustability: In addition to a fully independent rear suspension with 230 mm (9.1 in.) of travel, the rear shocks feature preload adjustability to handle the Pioneer 700’s generous load capabilities.
- Power steering: The Pioneer 700 Deluxe’s automotive-style electric power steering lessens steering effort and helps eliminate bump steer, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills.
- Advanced brake construction: A patented scraper system on the two front 200 mm brake discs helps prevent debris buildup between caliper and rim. An inboard-mounted rear 170 mm brake disc saves weight and is better protected from rocks and other debris.
- Tight turning radius: Need to make a tight turn? Tip-toeing through tricky terrain? A short wheelbase and a tight turning radius makes it easy to manoeuvre out of almost any situation.
- Durable design: Plastic CV joint boots on the driveshafts are durable and tear-resistant.
- Aluminum wheels: Stylish aluminum wheels look great while also helping to reduce unsprung weight for improved handling and ride comfort.
- Roomy seating: The Pioneer 700’s two-passenger contoured bench seat provides lots of room and allows easy entry and exit.
- Powerful towing capacity: The tilt box with hydraulic-assist strut can hold up to 454 kg (1,000 lbs.), while the heavy-duty two-inch receiver-style hitch is ready to tow up to 680 kg (1,500 lbs.).
- Safe and secure technology: The sturdy Occupant Protection Structure, standard doors with an automotive-style double latching system, upgraded front and rear torso bars, roll-up side nets, and three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism (a speed limiter prevents travel faster than 24 km/h if it detects that a seat belt isn’t being worn), all help keep you and your passengers safe and secure.
- Excellent visibility: The Pioneer 700’s 37.5-watt headlights have excellent balance and light-distribution, eliminating uneven light patterns and dark zones within their illumination area.
- Attention to detail: With well thought-out details like a standard water-resistant glovebox door and digital instrumentation, the Pioneer 700 gives you a lot more for your hard-earned dollar. Plus, high-grip floor surfaces and foot holds help to keep you and your passenger stable over rough terrain. The sturdy new front bumper and grille will help keep your Pioneer looking great year after year.
- Accessory ready: The 450-watt alternator provides plenty of power for everyday use, but allows extra capacity for accessories such as a winch or additional lighting. A host of optional accessories and accessory packages allow you to tailor your Pioneer to your needs.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 675 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 102 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Automotive-style automatic with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and reverse
- Power Steering: Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD and 4WD with differential lock; direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 200 mm (7.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 230 mm (9.1 in.) travel
- Tires: 25 x 8 - 12 front; 25 x 10 - 12 rear
- Brakes: Front dual 200 mm hydraulic discs; rear 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Towing Capacity: 681 kg (1,500 lb)
- Bed Capacity: 455 kg (1,000 lb)
- Length: 2,910 mm (114.6 in.)
- Width: 1,525 mm (60.0 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 271 mm (10.6 in.)
- Seat Height: 868 mm (34.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,950 mm (76.8 in.)
- Curb Weight: 582 kg (1,283 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 30.0 liters, including 4.5-liter reserve
- Colour: Honda Phantom Camo®
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 675 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 102 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks
- Front Brakes
- Dual 200 mm hydraulic discs;
- Front Tire
- 25 x 8 - 12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Rear Brakes
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 25 x 10 - 12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 582 kg (1,283 lb.)
- 1,950 mm (76.8 in.)
- Front Travel
- 200 mm (7.9 in.)
- Rear Travel
- 230 mm (9.1 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 271 mm (10.6 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 30.0 L, including 4.5-L reserve
- Towing Capacity
- 681 kg (1,500 lb.)
- Automotive-style automatic with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and reverse
- Drive System
- 2WD/4WD and 4WD with differential lock; direct front and rear driveshafts
- Honda Phantom Camo®